Minister of Children
The Minister of Children is responsible for leading, planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive ministry to children from birth through fifth grade.
The Minister of Children is accountable to the Senior Pastor.
The candidate should have at least five years of ministry experience.
- Be supportive of the overall vision of MVBC.
- Enlist, screen, train and encourage children’s leaders.
- Cultivate and lead prospective children and their families to join the church.
- Organize and lead Vacation Bible School, Children’s Camp, Fall Festival and other special events.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Contact at least three church prospects a week.
- Give leadership to children’s worship.
- Provide training and growth opportunities for parents of children.
- Assist in hospital visits.
- Minister to children and families during times of need and special occasions.
- Prepare, submit and administer an annual budget for children’s ministry.
- Follow policy and procedures of children ministry manual.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.